Lead Forward

My website launches today at www.shoemakerpartnerships.com.  Another milestone during a time of excitement, challenges and growth. Launching my business has brought the reward of partnering with leaders to achieve their personal and professional goals.  It is impossible to describe celebrating someone else’s success and encouraging them to take some time to revel in their joy.  While knowing that your partnership and support helped them achieve their goals.  The word Partnership is in my company’s name.  It describes my philosophy, vision and values to partner with others so they feel treated with dignity and respect as they travel on their journey to achieve their goals and potential. The home page on my website has the words “Lead Forward” and my logo includes an arrow.  One of my favorite leadership quotes comes from Africa.  “If you are leading, and no one is following you. Then you are taking a walk.”  As leaders we are challenged daily to behave in ways that others chose to follow; to create a vision that propels our company forward, motivates our team to join in the growth, and strive to share our success with our communities.  Our leadership style should reflect our values, our behavior should be consistent with who we want to tell the world we are. As you lead your company, department, or team forward into the future, I’d encourage you to reflect on how you define yourself as a leader.  What do your behaviors say about you?  The words we use are only 7% of our communication.  The other 93% of our communication comes from our tone of voice and facial expressions.  What...